22 Supporters
24 Inspired By
Quemberly

What is Kimberly reading now?

"Every revolution begins with breakfast, darling."

Dead Man Walker
Duffy Brown
Progress: 51 %
So Long, See You Tomorrow
William Maxwell

Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11)

Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11) - Lara Adrian How long does a series have to go before it’s gone too far?
With so many characters and having to remember their back story, this was like reading with a bunch of marbles in my head. I almost wish this were a spin off rather than a continuation of the original. Something like the Young Justice cartoon. But wait, this is kind of like the cartoon. The superhuman offspring are the stars of the show with the actual superheroes there to supervise. With an analogy like that, it makes it easier to understand the premise of this story and the others going forward. But that still doesn’t mean I was all that into it.
My other issue with this book is the story of Kellan and Mira. I could have cared less about the two of them. They were too melodramatic for me. “I love you Kellen. I can’t live without you. Blah blah blah…” And you know I skipped over all the smutty parts because I didn’t see the words “knitting needles,” “purl,” or “…making a sweater,” to make me care what they were doing while naked.
And seriously, what is up with the last few chapters having all the action? I think I’ve all about had it with having to wade through 250 pages just to get to the good stuff in the end.
I have to upgrade this to 3 stars because of the last few chapters. As much as I don’t want to, I’m willing to wade through just to find out more about the new threat against the Order.