22 Supporters
24 Inspired By
Quemberly

What is Kimberly reading now?

"Every revolution begins with breakfast, darling."

Dead Man Walker
Duffy Brown
Progress: 51 %
So Long, See You Tomorrow
William Maxwell

Born of Shadows (The League, #4)

Born of Shadows - Sherrilyn Kenyon I feel like I should be bothered by the fact that the same thing happens to the main characters in most of the books in the series:
Man and woman either have someone after them or are framed with some form of illegal act and the rest of the story is spent trying to clear their name or names. Evil family members are involved with the plot to kill them or frame them, or both, all because they're jealous of something the other has or something the are or aren't.
Meh!
Who cares, right? A fun story is a fun story!

I liked Calien and I liked Desideria. They were normal, to me at least, and they were appropriately sappy when they needed to be. There was a lot of action in this book. Enough for me to pay attention. Especially when they tele-ported out of no where to another ship. Huh? I didn't know they could do that. Much less afford to have that sort of thing on their ships considering they usually gave me the impression they were just scraping by on what they had. Do Syn and Nyk have that on their ships? If not, they should totally go get one. Oh wait, they don't do that stuff anymore.

Anyway, because now I'm babbling...

My only complaint about this series is that we get to meet such great side characters but have to wait ages to see if anything other than a brief mention about them comes up.
The last book left me wondering what would happen to Paeden, Syn's brother. The first book had me wondering about Thia, Nyk's oldest daughter.
I guess I'll have to wait to see.