22 Supporters
24 Inspired By
Quemberly

What is Kimberly reading now?

"Every revolution begins with breakfast, darling."

Dead Man Walker
Duffy Brown
Progress: 51 %
So Long, See You Tomorrow
William Maxwell

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9)

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9) - J.R. Ward Along with the glossary of BDB terms in the front of the book, Ward needed to include a list of pop culture references one should be familiar with in order to keep up with all the metaphors she included.
I felt like I was on the outside looking in to the circle of all the cool people that got them right away. And honestly, a lot of them were unnecessary really.

I could have done without the Qhuinn/Blay part of the book. Did anyone else catch the fact that Qhuinn was on the treadmill for about 15 chapters?
“Payne’s paralyzed from the waist down. V doesn’t like Manny but goes to get him anyway. V and Jane are going through a rough patch. Qhuinn is still running.”
*shakes head*

I miss the Lessers, but I think I’m in the minority on that one, so I’ll just skip past that.

Xcor. Where’s the “h” in his name? I’m glad he wanted to rename himself at the end because I wasn’t sure how to pronounce that. “X-core,” “scissor,” whatever. There was too little of him in the book anyway. I thought for sure he and his men were responsible for the dead women, but I was wrong. I’m glad they weren’t because that would have been too predictable and would not have made sense with the vampires of this fictional word Ward has created. “New Guy” and his buddies were a bright spot in the story. I felt like I was kept guessing what fun they would bring to Wrath and the Brothers even though NG made his intentions clear towards the beginning of the book. That aspect of a future book is going to be an interesting read.

I’m over V and Jane. I never liked Jane’s character. She was always too smug for me. V used to be cool, but then I read about him and kind of wished I didn’t know all that much about him. He’s someone I would have happily lived on the fantasy about who he really was. Having said all that, I’m not that heartless not to be happy he’s resolved some of his issues and has broken down the walls that were keeping him wound up inside. I just didn’t invest too much into it.

Payne held some interest for me.
Yeah, that’s about it.

I guessed the connection between Manny and Butch a long time ago, so I wasn’t all surprised when it was revealed. Now I guess we’re going to get a story line about who their father is or was. That could be interesting.

I don’t think I’m all that invested in the Brothers anymore. I’ve mostly been reading to see what happens next in the whole storyline. A lot of people were missing for me. Mostly Muhrder. I thought for sure he would pop up more than just a name in V’s thoughts. I’ll read the next book, but I’ll be in no rush to do so.